Mobile apps are an efficient channel of digital marketing which is used by corporations wanting to reach their target audiences without constraints of time or location and to increase their income via mobile marketing. Mobile apps are also a field in which app developers also make a profit by making various apps for themselves or their customers.
App stores like Apple Store and Google Play Store which allow apps to reach more users are the focal point for mobile users, and companies or people who want to provide their apps for user’s convenience. However, any app that was developed can not take part in these stores without any checks. Stores are developing some acceptance criteria for the apps to provide a better service to their users.
Google Play Store, which has about 1.7 million apps for devices compatible with Android operating system, also defines some standards regarding the apps. Google Play Store does not have a preliminary approval process; rather it grants approval by inspecting apps that are completely ready to use. Lately, the Google Play Store has formed it’s content policy, regarding especially the content of the apps, based on mistakes often repeated by developers and companies. Google Play Store lists some of these mistakes as follows.
Mistakes most often repeated by app developers regarding the content
- Promoting the app in user comments,
- Trying to underline the difference of the app by giving names of other apps,
- Trying to learn from users how did they rank your app,
- Sharing your own app’s link on comments under rivaling app,
- Encouraging users to rate your app highly,
- To increase visibility of the app, repeating the same keyword in-app introduction text or using irrelevant keywords,
- Using comments and content from digital environments without permission,
- Sending users SMS or e-mails without showing content from the app,
- Not using push notification messages for advertisement,
- Adding hyperlinks to the browser, or adding icon of another app as a shortcut to your app,
- Not including a close button in the advertisement areas,
- If you are getting in-app advertisement, not specifying the end user license agreement. Using products and content belonging a trademark and therefore cause a copyright breach,
- Using misleading advertisement for your app,
- Choosing another system than Google Play’s in-app payment system for payments,
- Trying to create an ad credential with user credentials for advertisement and analytics. Android Advertising Identifier may be used for these tasks instead.
Avoiding these mistakes stated by Google Play Store may make it easier for your app to get approved and included in Google Play Store. These points mentioned regarding content, promotion, and marketing, need be taken care of after your app being admitted into the store too.
If you want to take your place in the mobile world for getting your company one step ahead in its sector, or want to make a difference as an individual entrepreneur, get introduced to MobiRoller and benefit from all these advantages right away.
Making Android Apps is very easy with MobiRoller.